As the protest movement in defence of the 'Urewera 17' snowballs, a lot of material about Tuhoe history and politics is circulating on the internet. On youtube you can even see out a Spanish-language mini-doc about the Tuhoe people. You can also check this remarkable clip, which puts a reggae beat behind a montage of photographs of the prophet Rua Kenana and the utopian community he founded under the sacred Tuhoe mountain of Maungapohatu, deep in the Ureweras. Many observers have compared the massive police raid on Tuhoe Country two weeks ago to the attack the Crown made on Rua's settlement in 1916.
Monday, October 29, 2007
- March for Freedom
- The threat to your civil liberties - and your trou...
- Tuhoe fly flags of defiance
- Just like 1916?
- Publication and evaporation
- Exposure 2007 Final Gala
- Forget about Survivor - Micronesians are the real ...
- Postgrad Oral Presentations at The University of A...
- Like a regular rugger player