Monday, October 29, 2007

As the protest movement in defence of the 'Urewera 17' snowballs, a lot of material about Tuhoe history and politics is circulating on the internet. On youtube you can even see out a Spanish-language mini-doc about the Tuhoe people. You can also check this remarkable clip, which puts a reggae beat behind a montage of photographs of the prophet Rua Kenana and the utopian community he founded under the sacred Tuhoe mountain of Maungapohatu, deep in the Ureweras. Many observers have compared the massive police raid on Tuhoe Country two weeks ago to the attack the Crown made on Rua's settlement in 1916.

3 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

I had a book about Rua called "Rua and the Maori Millenium", by Peter Webster. At the time I was selling a lot of books (via abebooks.com and Ebay etc) and I sold that - I needed cash at the time to pay for groceries. I regret selling it -it will be hard to get again. But I hope the (new) owner studied it well and enjoyed it.

Tama Iti looks great on U-Tube.

I also have his picture on my Blog (EYELIGHT) now with his letter.

As he says to see the real stuff "you have to come and see me".

12:29 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have a spam issue on this site; I additionally am a blogger, and I needed to know your condition; a broad package of us have built up some respectable techniques, and we are needing to exchange strategies with others, for what reason not give me an email if enamored.
Indian Super League 2017
Watch ISL 2017 Live Streaming

11:14 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good Read.
ISL Schedule

8:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home